We encourage you to read this policy thoroughly.
What information we collect
We will need to ask you for certain personal information to give you the best possible experience when you engage with us (via our websites or otherwise) and when you use our products and services.
We will also collect other information about you and the devices you use to access our website, or we may ask third parties to do this for us, in these cases we do so by using technologies such as cookies.
When you enquire to exhibit, register to visit or sign up to one of our newsletters we will ask you to provide some contact information. Contact information may include some or all of the following: full name, residential address, landline phone number, mobile phone number, email address.
We may also ask you to provide some professional information when you enquire to exhibit, register to visit or sign up to of our newsletters. Professional information may include some or all of the following: company name, company address, company email address.
How we’ll use your personal information
We’ll only use your personal information for our legitimate business purposes as set out in this privacy notice. We’ll make it clear to you if we intend to use your information for any purpose that is not obvious. We use your data:
- To administer our events, our websites and our business
- To enable your use of our services, including registration and attendance at our events
- To respond to your requests for information
- To send you email or postal mail e.g. tickets, brochures or newsletters that you have specifically requested
- To send invoices, reports, statements, payment reminders and collect payments from you
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints by or about you
- To understand how you (and others) are using our services and to help us improve and develop our services, including conducting internal analyses
- To keep our events and systems secure and prevent fraud
- To send you other necessary information about our services and our relationship
- To contact you about new Zenith Exhibitions services, offers, events or news where it is legitimate for us to do so
- To otherwise manage our relationship with you or comply with our contractual obligations
As is otherwise necessary for our legitimate business interests.
For most of the services you access on our website, we will ask you to provide security information that only you will know. Security information may include some or all of the following: username, mother’s maiden name, password and memorable word.
Our cookies do not store personal information such as your name, address or registration data; they simply hold the unique ID that, once you are signed in, is associated with this information.
You can set your browser to reject cookies (see the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to find out how to do this), but please bear in mind that if you do this, certain user-generated features of our websites cannot be provided to you. You won’t be able to log in to the Zenith Exhibitions websites to manage your participation online without accepting cookies.
We also collect certain data automatically from your visit to our website or use of our services. This may include (but is not limited to) some or all of the following: How you connect to the internet (including IP address), how you engage with our site, screen resolution, browser data stored on your device (such as cookies), information about the device software you are using such as internet browser and location data (city, region of the IP address you used when accessing our services).
How we use your information
We use your personal information in lots of ways to make our products and services as effective as possible.
To enable you to access our website and use our services
To accept you as a new/returning customer and continue to provide you with our products and services.
To confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide
As part of providing services to you we will confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide for security purposes.
Establishing your identity is important as the services we offer are only relevant for specific audiences so we must be sure you are who you say you are. Identity checking may also involve checking the registration information you give us against information we already hold about you if you are a returning customer and potentially publicly available information about you such as from social media.
If we are unable to confirm your identity from the registration information you provide, we will let you know by using the contact details you have provided and you may then have the option to make a written application and provide further proof of your identity.
To process payments and collect arrears
We will use your information to process the payments you commit to when signing up to our services or purchasing our products and for the collection of any future payments or overdue amounts for those services or products.
To provide and improve customer support
We will use your information to be able to provide and improve the customer support we provide to you (e.g. when you have questions or when you forget your log-in information).
To send you service communications
We will use your information to contact you to tell you about changes to or issues affecting the products or services you are taking.
We will use your information for marketing purposes such as if we think one of our products, services or offers, or those of our third party partners, may interest you, we or they may contact you about them by email, SMS, on the phone or through the post.
You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by following the instructions in the email or SMS or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Zenith Exhibitions may select particular customers and invite them to be involved in market research. If you accept this invitation, we will use the feedback you give us to improve our products and services.
Administration of prize draws, competitions, membership offers, surveys and other promotional activities
From time to time we will run prize draws, competitions, promotions and surveys and, we will use the personal data you provide to us, to run such activities and to do what we agree to do as part of them.
Internal Training Purposes
We may use your information to ensure that our team has the best knowledge and expertise they need to ensure we provide the best possible experience to our customers when interacting with us.
Reporting and analytical purposes
We will use your information for reporting and analytical purposes to enable us to improve our products and services and to provide appropriate levels of support to our customers.
We will use your information to track your activity on our websites to help us better understand your interests and how you interact with us. We may also use this information to help us detect if someone else is trying to access your account or use the services you take from us. We will also use this information to better engage with you and to ensure that you get the best service we can provide and improve our products and services in the future.
To maintain our records and other administrative functions
Like any business, we need to ensure that we maintain comprehensive and up to date records of the ways we process your personal information and other operational activities and therefore we will process the information you provide for record-keeping, updates and general administrative purposes.
Complaint and dispute resolution
Whilst we will try to make sure that you are happy with the products and services we provide and do not feel the need to complain, if you do complain to us, we will use the information we have about you to help us manage your complaint.
To comply with the law
Like any other business, we are required to comply with many laws and regulations. We will, where necessary, use your personal data to the extent required to enable us to comply with these requirements.
Zenith Exhibitions may use performance tracking technology within our emails to improve our future interactions with you. This means we are able to capture information including (but not limited to) the time and date you open our e-mails and the type of device used to open the email.
We use this information primarily to understand whether our e-mails are opened and what links are clicked on by our customers. We then use this information to improve the emails that we send to you and the services that we provide.
What are the legal grounds for handling personal information?
Data protection laws require that, where we process your personal data, we must satisfy at least one prescribed condition for processing. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different conditions for the activities we carry out.
Necessary for performance of a contract or to comply with law
In most cases, the information described above will be provided to us by you because you want to take services from us or engage with us and our use of your information will be governed by contract terms. Giving this information to us is therefore your choice. If you choose not to give all or some of it to us, this may affect our ability to provide the services you want, to you. In particular, we may rely on this condition for processing in the following scenarios:
- To grant you entry to an event or exhibition or conference.
- To allow your company to exhibit or partake in an event or exhibition or conference.
- To enable you to access our website and use our services.
- To confirm your identity and authenticate the information you provide.
- To process payments and collect arrears.
- To provide and improve customer support.
- To provide alerts.
- To send you service communications.
- Marketing – From time to time, we would like to let you know about products, services and offers from Zenith Exhibitions and our partners.
- Market research – we may send you invitations to participate in market research (see below). If you do so, your feedback is given with your consent.
- Administration of prize draws, competitions, membership offers, surveys and other promotional activities
Necessary in our legitimate interests or those of a third party
We can also use personal information where the benefits of doing it are not outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of individuals. The law calls this the “Legitimate Interests” condition for processing. Where we rely on it, the benefits being pursued by us are:
- Running a commercial business
Like any commercial organization, we run a business and process information where necessary to do so. We also provide services to third parties which help them to run their businesses more effectively and efficiently.
We have put in place various safeguards to ensure that individuals’ whose personal information we handle are not unduly harmed by the activities we use their personal data for. These include making information available to individuals so that they understand how their personal data will be used by Zenith Exhibitions, explaining their rights to obtain the information we hold and to have their information corrected or restricted and providing information about how individuals can complaint if they are dissatisfied.
- Reporting and analytical purposes
To provide management information and information to improve our services.
- Tracking activity
To help us to improve our services.
- To maintain our records and other administrative purpose
To enable Zenith Exhibitions to provide the most accurate data for our customers and clients.
- Complaint and dispute resolution
We will need to use customer data when looking into queries and complaints.
- To improve data accuracy and completeness
When you register for our services you may supply us with additional information about yourself which we will use to improve our data accuracy and completeness.
- Email tracking
In order to improve our communications to our customers.
- Invitations to participate in market research
In order to improve the service, we offer to customers, we may ask you to participate in research for time to time. It is entirely up to you whether you chose to do so.
When we share your personal information with others
We work collaboratively with others as part of providing our services and we may need to share your information with them as follows:
- Everyone registered for or attending the show: Our events facilitate all kinds of interaction between those attending; this may include providing your badge, lead scanning, using online services to arrange meetings, send messages to, or network with, other attendees at our events. We will only share your personal data to deliver the show experience you have registered for, where there is a clear legitimate interest, contractual or legal obligation to do so and the appropriate safeguards for your data are in place.
- Consultants, partners and service providers: We may need to share some personal information of event attendees with our consultants and partners to deliver some of the show services such as PR, catering and education programmes. This data may include your preferences (e.g. dietary requirements, educational qualifications, expertise and interests etc.) as necessary to provide these services to you.
- Sales enquiries and referrals: We may share contact information (name, email, organisation, job title, contact number) of registered exhibitors, our official suppliers or our providers in response to enquiries we receive about using those services.
- Registered press: We may share contact information (name, email, organisation, job title, contact number) of registered press with our registered exhibitor coordinators and partners for them to contact you to promote their presence at the show
- Official show suppliers: We’ll share contact information (name, email, organisation, job title) of exhibitor coordinators and partners registered for the show, with selected official suppliers who provide key exhibiting services including internet, electricity, stand construction. View a list of all official suppliers for Zenith Exhibitions here.
- Hospitality providers: We may share your contact information (name, email, organisation, job title) with selected exhibitors so they may invite you to hospitality events during the show
- Travel and accommodation providers: We may share your data with our travel agent, hoteliers and ground transfer partners to arrange your travel and accommodation at the show.
- Other third-party suppliers: We also work with a number of other suppliers in our business e.g. IT and software companies, hosting and communications providers, payroll providers etc. to provide our services to you, who may need to process your data for us. All of our data processors are contracted to protect your information and comply with applicable data protection law.
- Zenith Exhibitions : We may share your information across our group of companies for the same purposes.
- Corporate transactions: If we sell or transfer the whole or part of our business or assets we may transfer personal information to the buyer or transferee.
- Professional advisors and insurers: We may have to provide information to our advisors as necessary for running our business.
- Regulatory bodies and law enforcement: We may disclose personal information to a third-party authority, such as a law enforcement agency, if required to do so by law.
We share your personal information only with those persons who need to handle it so we can provide the products and services from Zenith Exhibitions and its subsidiaries, joint ventures or associates that you’ve signed up to or purchased. We also share it with suppliers who provide services to us which require access to your personal information only; and with resellers, distributors and agents involved in delivering the services we provide where necessary for them to do so.
Lastly, we may also provide your personal information to fraud prevention agencies. This is to protect Zenith Exhibitions and our customers, to keep our systems secure, or where it’s necessary to protect either yours or our best interests.
Where in the world do we send information?
Zenith Exhibitions is based in the Nigeria, which is where our main databases are. We also have representative who operate elsewhere in and outside the ECOWAS, so we may access your personal information from and transfer it to these locations as well. Don’t worry though, any personal information we access from or transfer to these locations is protected by Nigeria data protection standards.
How we keep your personal information secure
Online privacy and security are the most important aspect of any customer service and we take it extremely seriously.
- We’ll take care to ensure that your personal information is secure.
- We follow good practice security protocols across our business to ensure that information is protected
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to our systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Zenith Exhibitions staff, contractors and agents on a need-to-know basis
- When we share information with our suppliers we enter into agreements with them requiring them to comply with all applicable laws and controlling further distribution or disclosure of the information to other parties
How we transfer your information internationally
- Zenith Exhibitions is an international business with a global customer base. We may need to transfer personal information between any of the countries we operate in and to our suppliers in other countries. We may also need to transfer your personal information to countries outside the Ecowas Area to make arrangements for any exhibition you have registered to attend, or in any other case where we have your specific consent.
- We do not transfer any data to other countries or international organisations unless they are deemed by applicable law to have adequate privacy protection, or recognised legal mechanisms are in place to ensure adequate protection of your information (e.g. EU Model Contract Clauses or EU-US Privacy Shield or Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks).
How long we keep your personal information for
We’ll keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide and market the products and services you’ve signed up to or which may be of interest. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes and enforce our rights. These reasons can vary from one piece of information to the next and depend on the products or services you’re signed up to, so the amount of time we keep your personal information for may vary.
In all cases, our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis, and information which is no longer required for any purposes will be disposed of.
Your data protection rights
You have these rights in relation to your information:
- Access: You can obtain confirmation of whether we hold any information about you and, if so, you can access your information and details of how we process it, as long as this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Rectification: We will rectify any errors in the personal information we hold on request.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information from our systems in the following situations:
- The information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
- You withdraw your consent on which the information processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing
- You object to the information processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing
- The information has been unlawfully processed
- The information has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict our information processing on specified grounds.
- Notification: Where you’ve asked us to rectify, delete or restrict processing of your information, we’ll pass on your instructions to anyone we’ve shared your information with, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort, in which case we’ll let you know.
- Data portability: You have the right in specific circumstances (where automated processing is based on consent) to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your information, including in relation to profiling, direct marketing or scientific or historical research purposes.
- Automated individual decision making: We don’t carry out this kind of decision making. However, for your information, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you unless this is necessary for our contract, is authorised under applicable law or is based on your explicit consent.
How to exercise your rights
- To exercise any of your rights contact us at email@example.com We may need evidence of your identity and if so we’ll provide you with a form to complete and return to us.
- If you’re requesting access to your information, the first copy will be provided without charge, but reasonable administration fees will be charged for additional or subsequent copies or we may refuse repeated or excessive requests.
- We’ll respond to your requests without undue delay and in any event within one month.
- Please note that if you delete or restrict information we hold about you, it may prevent you from making full use of our services.
This notice was last updated September 2nd 2019
Legal information about our exhibitions
View here ( See attached legal document about the event)